What I’ve learnt

Posted on

We all have our periods. Funny how my need to write kicked in right now; As I’m sitting on a bicycle on the gym trying to let my body get what it needs. I Just read a post from brokenbutbeingrepaired, and it was good to finally catch up with how she’s been doing. I’m moved, again, by certain lives and battles. I feel the unfairness of it and how I wish fates like hers could have been different. I have Learnt to not be naive,

20140505-191645.jpg
I’ve seen how unjust some lives can be, and was hit by that insight again when I listened to Elizabeth Warren’s story. How cynical the materialistic world can be. Basically, in the United States many rich has gotten even more rich and the hard-working people have struggled to get ends to meet. As they try to hold pieces of a unsafe future together by working two jobs, the ‘fat cats’ get bonuses, tax reductions and other benefits. When politicians who believe in equality and the same rights do their campaigning, they must struggle against politicians who sponsor their campaigns. Insurance companies, banks and others, who have the money to hire top lawyers and lobbyists, can cash in even more. And then there’s all these stories: people who lost their home, their security and their hope. And who reads these posts? Who reads the books about unfairness and unjustice ? I don’t mean to paint the picture in just black and white, as I very we’ll know this is a simplification of a complicated reality. V

but honestly, I’m more curious as to what we all can do. All the people who’ve suffered and who’ve started to rebuild their lives. We all have our obligations, we need to be as healthy as we can be to be there for others.

I’m thinking all of this and so much more, as I’m threading away on my bike. I love my life, my ability to DO something, and I know I will smile inside every-time the wronged get up instead of letting chains of self-doubt weighting them down.

6 thoughts on “What I’ve learnt

brokenbutbeingrepaired said:
    May 5, 2014 at 19:56

Anthony Turi said:
    May 6, 2014 at 19:09

Great article! I agree with you and am impressed with your spirit, energy and life drive 🙂

May 19, 2014 at 00:31

I am honered by this, as I have just finished your book and gotten to know your energy and life! Glad you wrote it, as I feel I know exactly how it is to “search for ones roots”. I think everyone can relate to it in some way, we have all been uprooted or trying a different way of life (hopefully) and it is inspiring that you did something good as well (sure you left a lasting impression on your students)

Anthony Turi said:
        May 19, 2014 at 20:31

Wow. Thank you so much. And in fact, I feel honoured by the fact that you read my book. You are clearly somebody with a passion for reading so to have you read my book means a great deal to me. I’m glad too, that you got the key ingredients and message in my writing. Thank you so much, for your appreciation, your writing, and the lovely quality of thoughts and feeling which you continually put out into the world. I’m so glad to have discovered your blog!

May 19, 2014 at 21:08

Well thank you! I must admit I feel I know you a bit already, and I feel very lucky to have found another like minded person too! I look forward to reading more from the period after Rome, probably a lot of interesting stories and thoughts as well:) I’m trying to make a book to, based on my life so far, but still much to do before that’s a reality (maybe before 2015 if I’m lucky)

Have a wonderful week 😀

Sendt fra min iPhone

> Den 19. mai 2014 kl. 22:31 skrev “Mirrorgirl” :

Anthony Turi said:
        May 20, 2014 at 20:12

Thank you so much, and the same to you. I must say, I feel excited at the thought of your book! Based on the very high quality of your blog, that would be a book worth reading. I’m really looking forward to learning more about you and continuing this blog-connection with a like-minded spirit. 🙂