The sound of important voices

Posted on Updated on

My little fighters.

You take out your swords every day. Sometimes it feels so heavy you can barely lift it. Sometimes it’s hard to even get out there: It’s easier to just stay under the blanket and let the storm rage. Still: You do get out there time and again. You carefully spend from your precious reserves of energy to put on the armor, and grab the sword. You peer out at the world cautiously, even if the world can be dangerous and treacherous at times. More: You dare to let me fight along with you. You dare to trust me, even if you’ve been stabbed in the back before.

20131224-125052.jpg

My strong fighters. I see you jump over stones, even if they are high. You wade through rivers, no matter if you sometimes must try different paths to not be taken away with the current. You have battle scars, but you make them your weapon of choice. Proficient warriors are not afraid of scars, but show them to the world with pride. No one can ever take away the moments you did get to the other side of the river, or when you put on your armor after all. No one can erase these moment of victory no matter what they say. They did occur and history is history.

My wise fighters. I have never heard more inspiring battle cries. I have never heard more important voices.

20131224-125110.jpg

14 thoughts on “The sound of important voices

brokenbutbeingrepaired said:
    December 24, 2013 at 13:10

What a lovely post to read, Nina πŸ™‚ .

The faith you have in people is inspiring and I love what you’re doing to help bring some light to the darkness so many of us live in.

Thank you for being a friend and just for being you.

❀ from all of me.

December 24, 2013 at 17:38

The darkness is no good place to be. People have to show light when they can, it could easily be the other way around πŸ™‚ merry Christmas to you my friend, you are truly appreciated πŸ™‚

Sendt fra min iPhone

songtothesirens said:
    December 24, 2013 at 15:30

You have completely captured how I feel today! I have an appointment that I must ride the bus to: armor = iPod and Kindle. And, Christmas Eve with family; armor = none. Not quite sure what to do about that. I do not have much in the way of armor during the holidays. I tend to reminisce too much about life before manic-depression decided to take me under its dubious wing.

Excellent post! Thanks for writing it πŸ™‚

December 24, 2013 at 15:50

Sounds tough. For many Christmas can be a real challenge, and I hope you get through it without many scars! Big hugs of encouragement !

Sendt fra min iPhone

songtothesirens said:
        December 24, 2013 at 17:15

This is true! I think I’ll be okay…..no new scars just old ones that need more love and healing πŸ™‚

December 24, 2013 at 17:35

ThE best one is the love you give yourself πŸ™‚ merry Christmas

Sendt fra min iPhone

songtothesirens said:
        December 24, 2013 at 20:01

True, and I am learning. But, it takes time to unlearn 4 decades of self-unlove.

Merry Christmas to you too!

December 24, 2013 at 20:18

I promise: say to yourself enough time that you’re worth it, and you will believe it in the end. But, of course, it might take time

Sendt fra min iPhone

songtothesirens said:
        December 25, 2013 at 13:06

Everything worthwhile takes time. I am not having the worst Christmas ever like I have so often in the past ~ estranged Father issues. This year I am disappointed but much more mildly so than in the past, so I must be making some progress πŸ™‚

December 25, 2013 at 13:13

Do you feel good about the progress ? That sounded too much like a psychologist phrase; Sometimes being what I am gives me less conversational freedom:s

I guess there is not many out there without some issues with something. Christmas often brings them to the limelight again! One year until next time πŸ™‚

Sendt fra min iPhone

songtothesirens said:
        December 25, 2013 at 14:20

Actually, your tendency to slip into your professional role doesn’t really bother me. Any good psychologist is first and foremost a very caring person, and if that is your basic nature, it will guide you no matter what you do πŸ™‚

And, yes, I actually think I have made a lot of progress over the last year, mostly in the last few months since getting out of a really unhealthy marriage. People comment I look more relaxed, and I reply, I got divorced. That does take some people aback, but it is true.

My husband was unable to even try to understand the nature of manic-depression, and as a consequence developed a rather unhealthy addiction to certain aspects of the Internet as an escape. He once yelled at me for asking him to take me to the hospital claiming he was sick of the chaos and drama. I was sick and suicidal, so I told him that was fine, I had enough pills to put him out of his misery.

So, I divorced him after a fight in which he told me that I was lucky there were no lethal weapons in the house. I calmly told him I could see about ten. That shut him up. It is not a good idea to threaten people with PTSD with bodily harm; we slip into self protection mode. I went to bed, woke up the next morning and filed for divorce by the end of the week.

Life was a little weird for a while, but, in all honesty, I am much healthier when I am on my own. So, yeah, I am more happy this year than last.

December 25, 2013 at 14:39

That’s good to hear; I feel I’m myself most of the time, anyway. The main difference is that I don’t feel stressed with my patients, after all it’s my job to talk with them, and I truly enjoy it. When I talk with friends and strangers, I might be distracted, though, especially if I have many things to do.

I’m glad you had the courage to leave an unhealthy relationship. We can all be angry and behave badly if we are triggered enough. It’s important to find people who understands and cares about others, and important to take the time to do so. It’s lovely to find happiness alone. I had to learn this myself the last year πŸ™‚

Sendt fra min iPhone

songtothesirens said:
        December 25, 2013 at 15:01

I have never fortunately been one of those women who “needs” a man to feel complete. I am pretty complete on my own. I can make my own self mad; i do not need help with that πŸ™‚ It is weird initially though. This time wasn’t nearly as my breakup with my former fiance. We had been together nearly 9 years, this time was about 5, and only the first two were good. However, I am still friends with my former fiance from the 20’s. The divorced husband can’t see through his whatever to be friends. He isn’t very evolved in the emotional sector. He is mad and that is it. He never really thought I would leave him. He was wrong……I will run like h*&^ in the opposite if I sense that my relationship with someone is having a negative impact on my health, physical and mental.

kajoemanis said:
    December 26, 2013 at 08:37

hey Nina, thank you for your encouraging post. I appreciate your work! Speaking of important voices, I have written something today and would like to share it with you:

let me know if you like it!