100 ways to answer the question “how are you” ?

100 Ways to Answer the Question “How Are You?”

I know that I struggle with this all of the time and I’m sure that I’m not the only one.  I think that there is something for everyone in here.  Number 59 and 85 made me laugh the hardest and some day I’ll have to use one of them on Mama Bear.  92 is brilliant for when you don’t want to lie and don’t want to go into how you feel but do want to engage with someone.

12 thoughts on “100 ways to answer the question “how are you” ?

Joseph E Rathjen said:
    April 27, 2014 at 16:42

This question always annoys me. it’s not the question itself, but the questions that usually follow it up, like, “Are you working?” “How’s the kids?” “Is everything alright?” “Are you okay?” “Do you have off today?The question is so broad and ambiguous, or should I say abstract, that it usually has a hidden agenda suspiciously lying underneath. I’ve taken to just answering that question with a simple, “Fine!” then hitting back with, “”How’s everything by you. Is everything ok?” That usually puts the person who asked you the question on the defensive so they back off.

Andy said:
    August 4, 2014 at 19:14

I like to say, “I’m, here.” then follow that with an expression of how you truly feel at the moment. It is probably as close to the truth someone can get from me in the moment.

Finding Hope's Sunshine said:
    February 3, 2015 at 13:55

I loved this list. I wrote a few of them down and then sent people to you to find more of the list. Thanks for stopping by and liking one of my posts. Be blessed today. Meghan

February 3, 2015 at 15:20

I am glad it gave you something positive and thank you for sharing it with others 🙂 have a wonderful day! Nina

[…] 100 ways to answer the question “how are you” ? […]

ashokbhatia said:
    January 29, 2016 at 07:15

I wish to re-blog this one of these days. Would that be fine by you?

[…] Source: 100 ways to answer the question “how are you” ? […]

Rakesh Pandey said:
    February 2, 2016 at 04:03

Loved the post! Funny and quite helpful, if I may say!

mpishey said:
    February 8, 2016 at 18:25

Can you imagine, “how are you?” replaced with “had your food !” Weird right?

The local language where I stay is in Kannada. Yes, people great each other by calling “Oota Aeeytha or Coffee Aeeytha” which means “Did you have your supper or coffee”. Yes, this is how it is. Its like you had a heavy lunch you reply “Yes, I just had now” or a lame excuse “Late Sir, lotta work – have to catch up”. But people love it..

Just imagine the constant greeting everyday by ten odd people ” Had you food? “